Sunday, February 27, 2005

Exception...

My brother signed the contract this morning to bid for a brand new black Mitsubishi Lancer with beige interior. If successful, he'll be driving it in mid-March. And so will I :)

My brother drove me to the Funan Centre after that to collect an all-in-one printer and a 4.1 megapixel camera that were complementary with the subscription of Starhub's MaxOnline 6500 plan. On the redemption letter that was directed to by dad, it states that he has to bring:

- This copy of the original redemption letter
- The enclosed copy of the Acknowledgement / Authorisation Form
- Your original NRIC/FIN (no photocopies are accepted)

As my dad is busy at work, we signed the form, thus authorising me to collect the freebies on his behalf. Now the question is, do I have to bring along his NRIC, or is my NRIC sufficient to certify the authencity of the form? When the shopkeeper asked me to provide my dad's NRIC, I was a bit puzzled. If they require my dad's NRIC, why do we have to sign the form? Furthermore, he told me that the 3rd point mentioned was self-explanatory that both NRICs were needed. Was it? Before I could raise the point that even the collection of highly sensitive and important documents from the post office does not require the addressee's NRIC when the authorisation form is signed, he told me that since the address on my NRIC matches that on the redemption letter, he will make this an exception. Exception? To me, if I brought both NRICs, it'll be an exception. Without wasting any more time, I just collected my stuff and left.

Comments, anyone?

No comments: