Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Malaysia! Truly Asia!

I just returned from a 4 days 3 nights trip to Malacca with my family. We all had purchased items that were of our liking, thus making this trip a fruitful one.

As usual, we watched a couple of movies at my grandparents' place as my uncle had a high-tech surround system deployed there. We almost tore down the whole house when we were watching Alien VS Predator.

Apart from staring at the television screen, we also stared at food. However, the difference is that we eat the food, and never the television. Food in Malaysia is so dirt cheap, with pun intended. The popiah, the laksa, the oysters etc taste the best when they are sold from roadside stalls.

Bowling is also available in Mahkota Parade, the shopping centre across the road from Mahkota hotel. It is $4.50 on weekends and $3.30 on weekdays per game of 10 frames. I am referring to RM by the way. You must be a student bowler with super subsidies to be able to play at that price in Singapore. The condition of the alley is comparable to those we have in Singapore too, thus eliminating the excuse that the ball rolled into the gutter because the lane is not oiled evenly or the surface is uneven.

We also went swimming in the pools of the Mahkota Hotel, and after that into the sauna room. It is my first time going into the room, and I really enjoyed the effects. My perspiration just kept flowing and flowing and flowing non stop until I left the room. I never knew my heat sink system was that efficient.

And of course we went shopping on the last day and bought what the car could carry and returned to homeland.

Home sweet home.

No comments: