Sunday, March 19, 2006

Nature From Above...

With the sky so wide,
And the land so vast,
When something happens,
It happens very fast.
Like one drop of substance,
From a winged vertebrate,
Takes less than a while,
To reach my unsuspecting head.
I was expecting another drop,
But it never came,
And when I felt something sticky,
I knew it wasn’t rain.
Looking at my fingers,
I saw some creamy paste.
It doesn’t look like a cake,
And thank goodness I didn’t taste.
I was quite stunned at first,
But soon the reality sunk in.
I really don’t know whether to frown,
Or to cheekily grin.
Nonetheless I went to the toilet,
While avoiding the puzzled crowd.
I don’t want to attract attention,
Especially those who are curious and loud.
I washed my hair thoroughly,
And celebrated with a sumptuous meal.
For twenty years nothing like this happened,
So it’s a sign that something might yield.

No comments: