Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sink Praying or Swim Living...

There is this guy whose town is being flooded, so he climbs out onto his roof and someone comes by in a canoe.

"Hop in! I'll save you!" he says.
"No, no, no. I have faith in God. He will save me."

The water rises, and he has no choice but to climb higher on the roof. Shortly after, a raft comes by.

"Come on in!" they say, "We’ll save you!"
"No, no, no. God will save me."

The water rises even higher. Out of desperation, he climbs up onto his chimney. Soon enough, a helicopter comes by.

"Let us help you!" they say.
"No, no, no. The good lord will make sure that I'm safe."

The water rises and the man drowns. He goes up to heaven and meets God.

The guy says, "What's the matter? Why didn't you save me?"
And God says, "What are you talking about? I sent two boats and a helicopter!"

New moral of the story: Prayers are not enough to save you.

No comments: