Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Guard Duty Woes...

The room was cold;
The seat had mould.
You could see them grow,
If you bent really low.
But I did not care;
It was not my chair.
I just left it there,
Hoping everyone’s aware.
I had a duty to fulfill,
That was a day to kill.
I needed a will of steel,
Such that I would not feel.
No hate for the night;
I did not want a fight.
No wandering of sight.
I rather miss a fright.
But then I got no sleep;
I sowed but cannot reap.
Those RPs are so steep;
They never look before they leap.
Their voices were loud,
And they moved all about.
If around me they crowd,
I really vowed to shout.
In a while I had to wake;
No more time to eat my snake.
They just never gave me a break;
I did not sleep for goodness sake!
However I had to serve,
Even with my boiling nerve.
They suffered manpower dearth;
I would take it that I owe Earth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello -> Yong Yun <- I just wanted to let you know that Guard Duty Woes... was an interesting read and well presented. Just my two cents.

Regards,
Health and Mental Well Being