Friday, August 26, 2005

Wisdom Teeth...

My heart is racing,
And my blood pressure is high.
My palms are dampening,
And my throat is dry.
I keep thinking of the stories,
My friends related to me.
They mentioned about the agonies,
And the pain they guarantee.
I stepped into the OT.
Feeling a bit queasy.
But come to think of it,
It wasn’t that freaky.
My dentist was nice,
And so were the other nurses.
Up that bed I was enticed –
Something I would not rehearse.
Then the needle was inserted;
Both eyes automatically closed.
My face and body were covered,
With only my mouth exposed.
Then came the agonizing wait,
For my gums and lips to numb.
To have those teeth is just fate;
I just anticipated what was to come.
First came the scalpel,
Slicing open my gums.
The start of my tooth’s disposal;
I just remained mum.
Next came the audible drill,
And immense pressure on my tooth.
I am grateful I could not feel;
It is best not to know the truth.
Cracking sounds were heard,
Indicating my tooth was breaking.
I tasted something sour like mustard,
Which I guess was my blood spurting.
My lower tooth was gone,
And it was my upper’s turn.
Again pain I felt none,
But the sounds all returned.
My gums were sewn,
When all was done.
The extracted teeth were then shown;
The experience was not fun.

No comments: