Sunday, March 13, 2005

Bloody Birdshooters...

I adjusted alarm to wake up at 0850, thinking that I needed the extra rest as I am going over to my friend's place to troubleshoot her PC at 1000.

I was awakened by the deafening sound of gunshots. At first, it reminded me of my BMT days when I fired my M16 rifle. Then it sounded more like shotgun shells being fired, like those I heard in my Half-Life 2 game. However, the gunshots were fired erratically, and sounded very real. They did not come a game. Have the terrifying terrorists arrived at my neighbourhood and begun their bloodbath on the innocent patrons eating at the kopitiam opposite my flat? Or is it time for WAR? Upon realising the possibility of war, I freaked out and nearly fell off my bed. I hastily looked out the window to locate the source of the gunshots, while hopefully thinking that I do not see uniformed green men.

One van,
three men.
One tall,
two short.
One fires,
two spots.
One shot,
birds drop.

Argh! Bloody birdshooters! The clocked displayed 0750, and I couldn't fall asleep again. Sigh.

No comments: