Sunday, June 19, 2005

Updates...

I am suffering the effects of yesterday's guard at the lobby. Yes, again. I have struck lottery twice in two months. My friends say that I am a big winner, for I get to claim $9.30 for my meals during the weekend guard as compared to $6.30 for a weekday guard.

They call this serving the Nation. However, I feel that it should be called exploitation of human resource. The two main tasks that I have to do is to change passes for around 20 visitors and unlocking the door to the loading/unloading bay 3-4 times. A bird that picks tarot cards can do better.

Next week, I'll be doing fatigue (low energy) duty for a promotion ceremony. As the name of the duty suggests, I'll be using low amounts of energy when I'm doing the duty. Actually, it actually means low amounts of brain energy and large amounts of muscle power. We always emphasize on the less obvious to raise morale. A.K.A. brain-washing, it works almost on all humans, except those whose brains grow on the head. I hope you get the pun.

Now, I'll go enjoy what's left of my weekend. Sigh.

Human resource is once of the most problematic areas in most organisations, for selecting the right staff do the right job is almost impossible without allowing the person to work for a period of time, after which he/she will be integrated into the organisation and incur too much disruption and losses to be replaced. Someday, I shall solve this problem.

No comments: